This policy is effective as of September 1, 2020
Blucora is a leading provider of technology-enabled financial solutions for consumers, small business owners and tax professionals. Through our operating companies, TaxAct, Inc. ("TaxAct") Tax-Smart Research, LLC, Honkamp Krueger Financial Services, Inc. (“HKFS”), and Avantax Wealth Management, Inc. ("Avantax") and their respective affiliates, we provide leading products in tax preparation and wealth advisory services and help millions of individuals manage their financial lives. We also provide general information about the company, our products and services and communications regarding press releases, employment opportunities other company news through this Web site.
Please note that this policy only applies to our data collection and use practices for our corporate Web site, located at blucora.com and does not apply to the data collection and use practices of other companies or organizations, including TaxAct, HKFS and Avantax, whose products, services or Web sites you may use or gain access to through the Blucora Network. For information on the data collection and use practices of those third parties, please refer to their respective policies and procedures.
1. General Policy
For information about TaxAct, HKFS and Avantax’s data collection and use practices, please visit the privacy policies for TaxAct, HKFS and Avantax, which include the policies located below:
As a general policy, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to our corporate Web site, located at blucora.com. However, certain anonymous information is recorded by the standard operation of our Web site servers. Blucora will only know your email address and any other personal information through our corporate Web site if you voluntarily submit such information to us during a visit to contact us, request information or provide comments. Personally identifiable information you submit to us on this Web site may be stored on individual computers or in a centralized server location, and will be used solely for the purpose received.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we only use your personal information for the purpose it was collected, including internally to serve you this Web sites, to enhance and extend our relationship with you, and to improve our products and services. We also use personal information to complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our products and services, to respond to customer support inquiries, to create and inform you of new products and services, and to comply with applicable laws.
We may access, use, disclose and share any non-personally identifiable information and data we collect for any business purpose and with any third party in our sole discretion.
3. Inter-Company Transfers
4. Sharing Information With Third Parties
In general, we do not sell, rent or otherwise trade your personal information with third parties. However, we may disclose and share your personal information with third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- Consent. We have received your consent or permission.
- Third Party Service Providers - Occasionally, we engage third parties to provide us with products and services, such as support, consulting, statistical analysis and marketing research that may require access to or use of your personal information. In such event, the third party will be obligated to maintain the privacy of any personal information disclosed or shared as part of its provision to us of the product to service and to only use such information for the limited purpose of providing the product or service.
- Protection of Blucora; Compliance with Law - We will disclose personal information or remove, destroy or alter personal information in our possession or control when we believe it is necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, its employees, customers or the public.
5. Third Party Information Collection and Use; Links
Our Web site and our products and services may use and provide access to products, services and content of third parties (collectively, "Third Party Properties"). Please be aware that we do not control and are not responsible for the information collection and use practices and policies of these third parties, and that by accessing or using Third Party Properties they may collect information regarding your use and access. We encourage you to be aware when you use a Third Party Property or leave our Web site and review any such third party's data and information collection and use practices and policies with regard to their Web site, products or services.
6. Information Storage and Security
9. Contacting Us
Risk Department, Attn: Privacy Officer
3200 Olympus Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75019